Sciencenewsforkids.org is no longer working? Is there a current site you like to use? Have you assigned the kids to find an article? Maybe one child a week in each class? Do you allow for the students to take the article down to read or they read it on the bulletin board? Or do you read it allowed to the class and then post it. I love this idea to get them involved with what is happening in science everyday.
sciencenewsforkids switched over to https://student.societyforscience.org/sciencenews-students and I also have found another website that I pull from, http://www.dogonews.com/ and they are both awesome for finding current events dealing with what I'm teaching. I am considering using the articles themselves with a lesson and having the kids get on there but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. I leave the articles on the board and the kids get opportunities to read it during reading time, lining up, coming into class or any other down time. It's always fun to see them huddled around after I put a new article up!!
I am loving life as a wife, daughter, sister, teacher and MOTHER!! I have a degree in fashion design and a minor in art. After a little while in the retail business, I was ready for a change and teaching was definitely my calling. Oh yeah, and cooking too. I love to cook for my family so head on over to my cooking blog to see what's being whipped up!
5 comments:
Sciencenewsforkids.org is no longer working? Is there a current site you like to use? Have you assigned the kids to find an article? Maybe one child a week in each class? Do you allow for the students to take the article down to read or they read it on the bulletin board? Or do you read it allowed to the class and then post it. I love this idea to get them involved with what is happening in science everyday.
sciencenewsforkids switched over to https://student.societyforscience.org/sciencenews-students and I also have found another website that I pull from, http://www.dogonews.com/ and they are both awesome for finding current events dealing with what I'm teaching. I am considering using the articles themselves with a lesson and having the kids get on there but I haven't figured out how I'm going to do it yet. I leave the articles on the board and the kids get opportunities to read it during reading time, lining up, coming into class or any other down time. It's always fun to see them huddled around after I put a new article up!!
I got it from dafont.com and I can't find the exact font I used but Sketch Match is very similar. It is a free font you can download.
Where did you get your fun fact posters??
I had a Nat Geo Weird but True book that the kids had destroyed so I just cut all the pages out and those are the pages.
Post a Comment